Similar to the compound butters chefs add to freshly grilled steak, our Mediterranean Herb Melt® Organic is an amazing topping to take a succulent grilled rib eye steak to the next level. You will wonder how you missed this simple, luscious and guiltless way of dressing up your favorite grilled meat all of these years.
2 Ribeye steaks, 1.25 to 1.5″ thick, bone-in
Freshly ground black pepper
Coconut oil (for rubbing the hot grill)
Mediterranean Herb Melt® Organic
1/3 cup Melt Organic, softened at room temperature
1 T Melt Organic
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
Pinch of salt
Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- One hour before cooking, sprinkle the salt and freshly ground pepper evenly on the steaks. Pat the salt and pepper into the steaks. Let them rest at room temperature until ready to cook.
- In a small pan, add a dollop (about 1 T) of Melt Organic and the crushed garlic. Turn the stove on medium heat; and when the garlic begins to sizzle, turn the stove down to medium-low. Sauté the crushed garlic until lightly roasted and the sharp smell of raw garlic begins to dissipate, usually within 2 minutes. Do NOT burn the garlic.
- Transfer the garlic mixture to a small mixing bowl. Add the salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme and whisk with a fork.
- Add the softened Melt Organic and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Transfer to a ramekin or small bowl and place the Mediterranean Herb Melt Organic in the refrigerator to set up.
- Heat the grill to high. Clean the grill grates with a stiff brush and rub with coconut oil.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook covered 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked to your preference.
- Transfer the steaks to a serving platter and allow them to rest for 3-5 minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, add a large dollop of the Mediterranean Herb Melt Organic to each steak and allow it to melt into the meat. Enjoy!